We need you! Join our Board and Support Women’s Health
The Women’s Health Research Foundation of Canada Inc. (WHRFC) is currently searching for volunteer board members who can share their skills, talent and experience to help position the organization to achieve its goals of research, education, advocacy and fundraising.
Board members are an integral part of the organization and will be required to:
• Attend board meetings, committee meetings and general membership meetings, including the annual general meeting.
• Complete assigned work between meetings, including preparing for meetings by reading agendas, reports and background material.
• Participate and engage in discussions at meetings; ask probing questions and seek relevant answers before voting.
• Attend and support our fundraising and annual giving events, including identifying potential supporters that may assist in developing revenue opportunities.
• Regularly promote the WHRFC within their professional network.
Experience is needed in one or more of the following areas:
• fundraising and event experience
• board leadership and governance
• finance and management
• teamwork and collaboration
• big picture thinking and strategic vision
• non-profit sector support
The time commitment is approximately three to five hours each month. Board meetings are held in Winnipeg up to 8 times per year in both virtual and in-person for flexibility.
The WHRFC is in search for a Communications Officer with specialized skills in communications and marketing to help position the organization to achieve its goals of research, education, advocacy and fundraising.
As a board member, the communications officer works the WHRFC board of directors and is responsible for the following:
• Develop and implement multi-channel communication strategies to increase awareness and clarify giving opportunities.
• Write, proofread, edit and coordinate all communications materials including impact reports, web and social media content, thank you letters and other items as needed.
• Create engaging content to help increase community engagement and awareness.
• Manage the organizations social media accounts which includes curating and posting content, create web-based fundraising strategies and monitor engagement.
• Develop digital assets, such as videos and digital graphics; including video editing.
• Update web content to complement ongoing communication strategies and activities.
• Coordinate responses to media inquiries and editorials; develop briefing documents and key talking points.
• Maintain media contact databases and profile of key media outlets and reporters.
We welcome applications from individuals working towards a degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field.
• Experience in developing and writing materials, press releases, web content and other communications tools.
• Excellent interpersonal skills along with strong oral and written competencies.
• Ability to make decisions and recommendations on fundraising priority development.
• Ability to write for diverse audiences that requires little editing.
• Proofreading and editing skills with an attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues and determine effectively solutions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with WordPress and various social media platforms.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for individuals who are passionate about supporting health research for women and looking to expand their communications experience.
The time commitment is approximately five to ten hours each month. Board meetings are held in Winnipeg up to 8 times per year in both virtual and in-person for flexibility.
These are volunteer positions with no financial compensation.
The WHRFC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion to reflect the community it serves. We encourage applications from people with diverse abilities and backgrounds. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
To express interest, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as received and individuals will be contacted with more information about the selection process.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest.
The Women’s Health Research Foundation of Canada, Inc.
P.O. Box 61019, RPO Grant Park
Winnipeg, MB, Canada